Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Sentimental


With all the snow days, I wanted to try to keep Luke busy. So I decided to ask if he wanted to help with dinner. He jumped at that idea so here he is, chopping veggies for our soup. I have a glass cutting board by my sink, something my Mom always had. The sound of the knife against the cutting board reminds me of my growing up days. So as Luke gets a hold of chopping, he started making that sound and says, "Hey that's the sound I always hear you making in the kitchen!" The sound that takes me back to my Mom working in the kitchen will now be the same sound that will take Luke back to his childhood someday.

2 comments:

Valerie Hunter said...

Oh my goodness. I just love this. That picture is just so sweet, as is the thought of him remembering that sound years down the road!

-Beth said...

I agree! :)