Thursday, January 1, 2009

Extended Family Christmas and New Year's Eve

Last Saturday evening, I hosted my Mom's side of the family extended Christmas gathering. We had 30 people in our basement. It was a great time together! My older brother, Jamey, my sister-in-law, Vicki, and my niece, Tori, all came over early to help set up and stayed late to tear down and clean up too. What a HUGE help that was! I think my basement was cleaner when they all left than it was before they all got there!
My Aunt and Uncle Brundage and cousin Nathan and cousin Noelle and her family come from Indiana every year. Noelle, Jim and their two girls came to play and visit with us during their stay. Noelle and I are taking up our mother's tradition of finding some quiet time, which is tricky with 6 kids, to have a hot drink together and just have girl talk! We found our time at bed time this year and enjoyed some down time.


My Niece Tori, Luke, Nephew Jared and Seth and across the table is my second cousin Kaitlyn




Tori putting on an ornament on our craft tree.



Seth getting blind-folded


Addisyn holding Hallie and Melissa holding Keira



Micah opening up his present from Tyler

Hallie getting a lot of help opening up her gift.
Luke, Micah, Melissa, Addisyn, Keira and Hallie
My cousin got them matching jammies...too cute!
Keira and Hallie
Keira getting ready to go home.
We spent New Years night with our friends the Trumpowers. They kids about the same ages of ours. We thought that we might have to call it a night around 10:30 or so but the kids were having a great time and we made it to the New Year!
Bed time tonight will definitely be much earlier...for the kids too :)

1 comment:

Jim and April said...

both of your past two blog posts have been so cute...your kids are SO adorable!