Monday, November 14, 2011

Thankful for My Family

In response to my Blog Post on MMF, I want to share my thankfulness for my family.

As I was thinking about Luke and how God has made him, I have always been thankful for his determined spirit. He is always wanting to be active and accomplish his goal. Lately, I have seen some real effort in Luke for trying to be respectful to us as we correct him. I am really thankful for that effort he is putting in!

Melissa has always enjoyed working on projects and  using her creativity. Recently, I have been thankful for Melissa's joy as she shows her creative spirit. I can't tell you how many times she has asked to start a scrapbook, make a journal or wants to read me her new book she wrote. I am thankful for Melissa's creativeness.

For Micah, I am thankful for his view of life. Micah adds a lot of joy to our family with his words and sayings. Many of my facebook status updates are of things Micah says! He also has one of those contagious laughs that gets us all laughing and we don't even know why! I am thankful for Micah's joy.

Hallie is our sweet little shy girl. But she loves to be involved. I am thankful for her desire to be a helper. When I'm cooking, Hallie is at my feet asking to help. When I am cleaning the bathroom, Hallie is right beside my leg asking to scrub the toilet. When I sit down on the couch to rest, Hallie runs for her blankie and asks to cuddle. I'm thankful for Hallie's servant and cuddling heart.

And my Best Friend on this Earth and love of my life, Nate. The most thing I am thankful for in Nate is his love for me. Love is used so lightly now a days, so it might sound cheesy to say I'm thankful for his love. But I am truly thankful for Nate's unconditional, faithful, supportive, at all costs, love for me. It's because of him I feel secure. It's because of him I feel confident. It's because of him, I feel cared for. It's because of him, I feel loved.

Of course there is no way I can express my thankfulness without including praise to my reason for existence, my breath of life, my Savior, Jesus Christ. HE knew the children I needed to help me grow and rely on Him even more. HE knew the husband I needed to show a part of His love for me. HE knew my every step I have taken and will take. HE is the Essence of my life! Thank You God, for ALL you have given me. I am undeserving.

"Be joyful always; pray continually; 
give thanks in all circumstances, 
for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. "  
1 Thess. 5:16-18

No comments: