Friday, December 3, 2010

It's Beginning to Look A lot Like Christmas!

It's been tradition that the day after Thanksgiving, we set up our Christmas decorations. This process has been different with children from ages 2-9 who can't contain their excitement! I love seeing the joy and wonder as we unwrap all the decorations. I just need to remember to relax and have fun!


Luke is getting old enough now that he can put on the garland of beads. He did a great job.


Hallie digging through the ornaments.


Melissa hanging up some ornaments.


Micah


Luke


Here is our Thanksgiving dinner. I was so excited to be hosting Nate's side of the family - 24 people - for Thanksgiving. I had to-do lists for my to-do lists. I baked 2 kinds of rolls, 3 loaves of pumpkin bread, pie crusts the week before and cleaned and cleaned and cleaned! On the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, I hopped out of bed ready to check off more items from my last minute to-do list and... I didn't feel too well. Ended up I was sick. Everything had to be moved up to Nate's sister's house. I was so bummed.
We decided to make our own Late Thanksgiving meal the next week. Nate's parents were even able to join us. It was a real special evening together! So even though we missed Thanksgiving Day, we made our own Thanksgiving Day...just a week late!

No comments: