Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Strings



At Luke's school, they offer strings lessons for all the fourth grade students who are interested in trying it out. The students can choose from the violin, viola and the cello. Luke decided that he would like to try the viola. I was hesitant at first. But then I figured, why not let him try it? It's free lessons and they have them at school which means no extra time is taken away. Renting the instrument is the only cost involved. And that is put towards buying it if they excel. I think this is a great way to encourage development in Luke's life. Studies show that those students who add a musical instrument to their learning benefit greatly. Check out this site: http://musiced.about.com/od/beginnersguide/a/pinst.htm

This is one reason why I am glad I was led to not home school this year. I just don't think I would have had the discipline to find a instrument and get lessons schedules. Some people are really good at balancing all that but me...I'm not. So the simple fact that all this takes place at school is a huge plus for our family!

So far he is enjoying it...we will see as time goes on! I'm just proud of him for trying it!

No comments: