Sunday, December 28, 2008

My Last Year in My Twenties!

Having a Birthday three days after Christmas has it's benefits and bummers. Over the years I have had to learn to share my day with Christmas parties, family gatherings, snow storms and the flu season. On the other hand, I don't get a "let-down" after Christmas because I know there is more partying three days later, I never had to go to school on my Birthday, and I get some great deals shopping with any birthday money at the after Christmas sales. I woke up this morning, not wanting to get out of bed because Hallie got up three times last night. I was grateful, however, that the kids all slept till about 8:45. As the regular Sunday morning hecticness starts, I struggled keeping a happy spirit as I was trying to get everyone ready for church. My hair is wrapped in a towel and I'm trying to make peace between Micah and Melissa, Luke comes in and says to come in the dining room. I was tempted to say "wait!" But I went and he has made breakfast for everyone! Peanut butter toast with marshmallows and chocolate chips for me and buttered toast for everyone else! What a sweet way to start my day!

No comments: