Thursday, December 11, 2008

Calling All Prayer Warriors

I know in my heart that God has a plan. But my heart still wonders why hard things have to happen. Today, my heart is heavy for a friend who I graduated high school with. She has a little 2 year old girl and was excited to find out she is expecting her second child! I learned today she also was diagnosed with MS. She and her family are devastated and heartbroken. I can't get her out of my mind. I'm so burdened for her.
It's times like these that I feel so ashamed. What right do I have to complain about having to get up in the middle of the night two, three, four times to feed my baby? What right do I have to complain about the house being a mess? What gives me the right to whine and complain about anything? Here my friend is scared and stressed beyond belief and I'm worried about not getting Christmas cards sent out! This is a wake-up call for me....there's more to life than my "problems."
I am making a commitment to pray for my friend through this life-time trial. God is bigger. God is stronger. God is able.

No comments: