Thursday, November 6, 2008

Once Upon a Time in the Land of the Jungeberg's.

I have decided to start a family blog. I'm not so good at keeping a journal but I enjoy emailing stories about our family. So I figure this would be a fun way to journal and you can peak in. Just a warning though, we've got some real crazy stuff that happens in our household and I might just need to vent some days.
So here's our family to date: Nate and I have been married for close to 10 years. Happy years might I add! Nate is truely my best friend. I'm so blessed to have such a wonderful husband! We have four children. Our oldest is Luke Christopher, seven years old, Melissa Christine, will be four on November 16th, Micah Christian, two years old and Hallie Christin is six months old. Crazy...yes but fun!
We love the Lord and are striving to follow Him and are trying to teach our children to love Him too. In fact, we just started a new family devotion/Bible time. It's a character building book that we are starting to go through with our family. Tonight was the first night and it was about Honoring God. When we asked Melissa and Luke what it means to Honor God, Luke said, "To work on my math" and Melissa, " To write my name." So, we had our work cut out for us! But once we started teaching them different ways you can honor God, they caught on. Luke also recognized that he needs to work on praising God. He loves to sing at home, with all his lungs, but at church he clams up. I've told him before that God wants to hear you sing to Him! It was very good to spend time with the family. Hallie just wanted to eat the paper!
As I get the hang of this, I will be adding pictures and more blogs so please check back! Thanks to my cousin Noelle for inspiring me to start a blog!

3 comments:

Jim and April said...

hey friend...saw your myspace post! I have two blogspot pages too! one is a TTC one and one is a family one! I will add you to my blogroll! Feel free to do the same!

www.jimandapril.blogspot.com
www.aswewaitwithhope.blogspot.com

Kara said...

Great story about your family! I like reading about other families..esp the ones I know. Great job on family devotions!! We have not done too good. Adryanna did ask if we could do them again,but so far we have not...bad parents!

I am not a blogger, so we will see if you get this message.

Noelle said...

Hey Juls...SO glad you started a blog!!! You always have such funny and awesome stories and I look forward to hearing them more often through your blog! I'm also excited to see more pictures...you're also great at being diligent with taking so many! Addisyn will enjoy them to...she'll want to come over and play each time she catches me looking at the pics!