Sunday, September 18, 2011

Lightning McQueen and Tow Mater Birthday Cakes

 Happy Birthday Micah!!!
Micah had his birthday last month and he LOVES Cars! I was trying to figure out how to make him a lightning McQueen cake and Tow Mater cake that didn't take a ton of time. The idea of a Rice Krispy Cake came to mind. So I used cocoa krispies to form Mater and fruity pebble krispies to form Mcqueen. They turned out pretty well! I was excited that when the guests showed up, they at least knew who they were ;) 



Here's some of the party crew! We started with some scooter races.

I made some ice favors. It's a fun activity for a hot summer day. They had a bunch of fun with this! You fill up a balloon with water and add a small toy or party favor to it. Then you freeze it over night. Before you are ready to play, you cut away the balloon and you have an ice ball with a small toy inside! You have to try to melt the ice ball to get to the toy. After handling the ice to cut away the balloons, my hands were hurting, so I knew the kids hands would be too. So I added some water to our baby pool for them to push the ice around in to help melt it.


Next, they had to transfer water from one big bucket to another with a cup.


Our youngest guest even enjoyed this game!!!
 And we sent them on a candy scavenger hunt in the backyard!
 Make a Wish!

 All the gang eating their Rice Krispy cake!
 Buddies since birth!


Micah enjoying some birthday goodies!

The party turned out great! The weather was great! And I can't believe I have a five year old little curly head boy!

No comments: